Code of ConductWheeLdrive abides by a Professional Code of Conduct, copies are available on request.
COVID-19 Supplementary Terms and Conditions
These additional terms and conditions set out additional measures in response to the COVID pandemic. Where any COVID term or condition conflicts with one set out elsewhere in the document, the COVID one shall take precedence.
Entitlement to DriveIn order to have driving lessons you must:
- Be aged 17 or older (16 or over if disabled)
- Hold a driving licence that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign licence)
- It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid licence to drivebefore the commencement of your first driving lesson.
- If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson butmay still charge you for such driving lesson.
- It’s your responsibility to ensure you are fit to drive.
- You must inform the instructor of any medical condition, disability or injury that may affect yourability to drive.
Lesson Fees and PaymentsBefore or on the first driving lesson, the client will be supplied with details of tuition fees. Any alteration of tuition fees will always be notified in advance.
- All lessons must be paid for either in advance, or at the start of the lesson, credit is not offered.
CancellationsYou must give at least 48 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel or re-arrange a booked driving lesson. Failure to do so may result in a charge for the full amount for that driving lesson. Lessons might sometimes need to be postponed at short notice due to illness, mechanical breakdown or some other emergency or unforeseen occurrence, a mutually agreeable alternative appointment will be made.
RefundsWhen a client pays in advance for lessons, they shall be entitled to a refund at any time of any monies for unused lessons.
Change of VehicleTuition vehicles are periodically changed, either sold, or unavailable due to mechanical or other problems.
• If there is a replacement vehicle for a driving test, the client will be given as much notice as possible, to familiarise with the new vehicle, however, in the case of replacement due to mechanical problems this may not always be possible. WheeLdrive will not be responsible for any losses (e.g. test fees) if the client chooses to decline these lessons.
Driving testsDriving Tests should not be booked without first ascertaining the availability of your driving instructor and car, and agreement being reached with Derek as to your readiness for the driving test.
- As Derek will usually book your driving test, no responsibility will be taken by WheeLdrive for incorrect bookings unless the driving test email is produced.
- No responsibility will be taken by WheeLdrive for driving tests booked when Derek is unavailable.
- In the interests of road safety, WheeLdrive reserves the right to withdraw the use of car for the driving test, when in Derek’s opinion, the client is not at test standard.
- Where the use of WheeLdrive’s car is withheld for a driving test, Derek will, where possible, give the client sufficient notice to enable them to cancel the test without loss of the test fee.
- No responsibility will be taken by WheeLdrive for withdrawing the use of car for the driving test when, in their sole discretion Derek assesses the client as not being ready for test.
- When a driving test is cancelled due to mechanical failure of WheeLdrive’s car, illness of Derek or any other reason that is the responsibility of WheeLdrive then the client will be entitled to the cost of their next driving test fee to be paid for by Derek. WheeLdrive will not be responsible for any additional tuition fees incurred whilst waiting for the next driving test appointment.
WheeLdrive has no control over driving tests cancelled by DVSA.When DVSA cancel a driving test because there is not an examiner available it can be possible to claim back any losses incurred by the client, including a proportion of lesson fees, this is the responsibility of the client, not WheeLdrive. When a driving test is cancelled because the client’s documents are not in order the full fees due to WheeLdrive for driving lessons and the use of the car for the driving test are still payable in full, unless cancelled in accordance with the normal period of notice.
Data ProtectionUnder the Data Protection Act 2018, WheeLdrive will only:
- collect information that they need for a specific purpose
- keep it secure
- ensure it is relevant and up to date
- only keep as much as they need, and only for as long as needed